Your Pre-Holiday Plan: 30 Days to a New You
The holidays are on the horizon, and with them two straight months of eating too much, sweet indulgences, and missed workouts.
Then 2016 will begin with you 5-10 pounds heavier than you are today.
Ugh. No thanks.
What if you spent the next 30 days dropping excess pounds and getting into better shape? Then you could ride out the holiday months fitter than ever and more likely to eat healthier, indulge less and stick with your workout schedule.
You’d welcome the New Year feeling fabulously fit and confident.
Sounds good, right?
I’ve got just the plan to get you there. Follow these 5 steps to transform your body over the next 30 days…
1) Go Bread Free: Going bread-free for 30 days is such a simple way to accelerate fat loss. Just think of all the extra carbs and calories that you’ll be saving yourself from. And it’s not so bad, once you get used to it. Wrap sandwiches and burgers in lettuce or on top of a pile of greens.
This is one of my KEY strategies when I’m trying to get leaner. In less than a week I notice a huge difference in both my energy levels and how toned I look and you can too.
2) Workout 5x’s Each Week: Take the next 30 days to really focus your efforts when working out. Train as if you were preparing yourself for an athletic event, with the mindset that each and every workout is important in seeing you through your goal. Make a log of each time that you exercise, noting the duration, intensity and activity.
3) Go Sugar Free: Sugar is the biggest thing holding you back when it comes to dropping fat and getting lean. And not just refined sugar. I’m talking about all sugars. Take the next 30 days to cut out all sweeteners and limit your intake of sweet fruits. This will be hard at first, especially if you have a sweet tooth, but the rapid change in you body is fantastic incentive to keep going.
4) Focus on Protein and Veggies: Enough about all the things you can’t eat, let’s talk about what you can eat. Your meals should be a variety of protein and veggies. For protein stick with organic, hormone-free meat that has been roasted, baked or grilled. For veggies, avoid starchy veggies like potatoes, and instead stick with an assortment of colorful, fiber-filled veggies.
Nothing beats whole, organic foods and grass-fed beef (unless you’re a vegetarian) but if you’re like me and have trouble getting enough protein in your diet (and you’ll need more if you’re exercising) because you’re always on the run or don’t have the time to cook, here are some ideas on how to get more protein.
5) Commit to be Fit: The quickest way to get your body into tip-top shape is to focus on a workout program that will fit into your busy schedule and that you will actually do (duh).
When I made the commitment to lose 50 pounds, I did it with fast, intense bodyweight workouts I could do from home without any equipment. The best part was my workouts were only between 4 to 20 minutes long so I never had to worry about going to the gym or making excuses not to go.
Here are the workouts I did to transform my body.
Make the commitment now, and make the body of your dreams a reality.
So there you have it, 5 simple steps to transforming your body before the holidays even begin.
Remember, the next 30 days are going to pass whether you jump on board with a fitness plan or not. So you’re going to spend the next 30 days simply getting older and more out-of-shape OR you could buckle down and finally make your amazing transformation.
The choice is yours.
If you’re looking for a more personalized approach, email me now and we will get started. I’m here to see you through it all.
Helping you shed the fat, even on your busy schedule,
Coach George, Body Transformation Coach
ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer & Precision Nutrition Certified Nutritionist
*Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net